Your timing belt and its supporting components are vital to the safe, reliable operation of your Subaru's engine. If any of these items fail it can result in catastrophic engine failure and extremely high repair bills. Our kit is built from a combination of high quality, Japanese parts* that we have utilized on our customer's vehicles for over 13 years. This combination of timing components have proven to meet or exceed Subaru's OE requirements for reliability and functionality. In addition, we have run this kit both on and off the track in our personal vehicles to ensure that this kit meets our quality requirements.
Our OE Belt kit includes the following items:
- Mitsuboshi Timing Belt (x1)
- NTN Timing Belt Tensioner (x1)
- KOYO Timing Belt Idler Bearing - smooth (x2)
- NSK Timing Belt Idler Bearing - Cog (x1)
- NTN Timing Belt Idler Bearing (small) - smooth, double bearing (x1)
- Grade 8, small idler bolt (x1)**
This kit will fit the following applications (turbo models only):
- Impreza WRX: 2002 - 2014
- Impreza STi: 2004 - 2012
- Impreza Turbo: 2008 - 2011
- Legacy GT: 2005 - 2012
- Outback XT: 2005 - 2009
- Forester XT: 2004 - 2013
- Baja Turbo: 2004 - 2005
* Mitsuboshi belts are manufactured in Thailand and are the OE supplier to Subaru for drive belts. Gates® belts are manufactured in Denver, CO. All grade 8 bolts are sourced in the US.
**The Grade 8, small idler bolt is only supplied with this kit if it is being installed on an '02 thru '03 WRX with an EJ205 engine. Those engines were supplied with a single roller style small idler bearing. Our kit includes a double roller bearing upgrade. The new bearing requires a longer bolt to be properly installed. Please notify us of the year and model Subaru you are installing this kit onto when you place your order.